E-books, apps, web portals and social media – Most publishing houses are already enhancing their portfolio with digital publishing formats and services.
Digital and mobile projects, however, can often be challenging. Not only do they vary in length, complexity and scope. They also require new methods of content creation, marketing and distribution.
What skills do you need to develop and manage digital products? How do you successfully market and distribute your products online? How do you implement a lucrative digital business model? And how will digital products affect your publishing workflow?
The Academy’s five-day Digital Publishing Course provides you with a mix of both the high-level strategy and technical detail you need to develop and manage digital products. In this practice-oriented and interactive course, high-level e-business and publishing experts will share their specialist knowledge and provide valuable insight into the digital and mobile publishing business.
|Special events and visits to German publishing houses will offer you the chance to meet other professionals from your field and expand your network.|
In short, you will
- Discover the key issues in digital publishing and in-depth information on the latest trends and developments
- Deepen your knowledge of e-formats such as e-books, apps and web portals
- Know how to develop and manage digital and mobile products
- Learn to tailor e- solutions tosuit yourrequirements
- Be able to implement digital business and revenue models
- Get a high-level qualification designed for executives and senior managers in publishing houses
- Meet publishing colleagues and e-business experts and benefit from their international experience
Who should attend?
This course is designed for publishing executives, senior managers, editorial and marketing editors who are involved with transforming their businesses in today’s new digital economies. Participants will gain skills in developing, implementing, marketing and selling digital products.
Strategies for Digital Media – An Overview
- Current trends and developments in digital publishing
- Strategy development and business models in digital publishing
- Business model generation and financial investment appraisals
- Target groups: identifying and analysing customer requirements
Managing Digital Projects
- Exploring the difference between managing print and digital projects
– Specifying requirements
– Project roles and responsibilities
– Planning and scheduling
- Lean and agile: Forms of digital publishing and their demands on project management:
e-books, apps and other multi-media forms of publication
- Effective workflow organization and data management
- New devices and platforms − Planning digital products
- Developing content for digital services:
design, creation, management and success factors
- Mobile publishing: e-books, apps, portals
Managing Internet Portals: Content, Commerce, Community
- Analysis of online platforms, target groups and segments
- Business and revenue models for publishers
- Design, structure and launch of communities
- Social media and Web 3.0 applications
- Definition, purpose and scope of digital marketing
- Creating a digital marketing plan
- The complete array of e-marketing tools, from search engine marketing to viral and social-media marketing
- Gathering and managing digital data: ad servers, browsers, targeting, reporting
- Measuring online advertising effectiveness
Certificate in digital publishing
Upon completion of this program, you will receive a recognized publishing certificate from the Akademie der Deutschen Medien (ADM)/E-Publishing Academy, which is one of Germany’s leading media academies with over 3,700 participants in its training events and 300 different seminars each year.
Lectures, group exercises, best practices, case studies, discussions.