Akademie der Deutschen Medien
Ever since the Academy was founded in 1993, it has specialised in providing cost-effective and high quality training for management executives and skilled personnel working in the publishing and media business.
While the organisation’s initial mission in the 1990s was to develop a range of continuing education courses for the publishing and media sector, the ADM soon extended its offers and services. Today, our clients often come from other business sectors, from industrial companies as well as government departments, educational institutions and charities.
With over 4,500 participants in its training programmes, the ADM is now one of Germany’s leading media academies.
Having specialised in the media business, the ADM offers a wide range of classroom-based short courses, covering the whole range of media skills – from editing to software and digital publishing. They last from one to ten days.
The ADM‘s headquarter is located in the “Literaturhaus”, a listed building in the heart of Munich. Varying in size, the rooms are suitable for a wide range of events.
The ADM, as a non-profit limited company since 1999, is owned by ten shareholders. This broad base of ownership gives the Academy the scope to create a rich and comprehensive range of educational offerings in the main areas of media work. Additionally, by being a non-profit organisation, the ADM aims for offering high-quality education at comparatively little cost.
Talking from experience
Issues and practical examples taken from daily business situations are key elements of our courses. All our tutors are currently employed in jobs directly related to the subject areas they teach. They are carefully selected for their expertise, teaching skills and demonstrated performance as innovators, including leading publishing executives and industry experts.
Our short courses and in-company trainings get participants actively involved. Our tutors, who are practitioners first and foremost, alternate between presenting theory and working with practical case studies. All participants are encouraged to discuss their own questions with the speakers and the other participants working in the same business sector.
Courses are presented by the Academy in an interactive and activity-based format where participants have the opportunity to learn with and from peers. Participants will take along new tools and insights that may be applied immediately.
Every course includes intensive preparation and reviewing. Our teachers adapt their course outlines to the participants’ current level of knowledge. Every item of feedback provided by the class affects the current planning of the courses and improves their organisation.
Keeping up to date
We react quickly to changes in the media sector or to job profiles that are in a state of flux and constantly add events to our programme that reflect topics of current interest.
What We Offer
Short courses – Our open course programme
- Annual programme: management and specialist seminars for publishing and media companies
- Short courses on media law
- Short courses on digital publishing
- Short courses on corporate publishing
- Short courses on specialized information publishing
In-company training and consultancy
The Academy offers an extensive range of in-company training courses and can deliver courses anywhere in Germany and Europe. Increasingly, more and more of our work is internationally based, wherefore we have an international tutor team that can realise trainings across Europe. Our in-company training courses fall into different categories:
- Buying in short courses
- Customised training
- Strategic corporate analysis
- Managed events
- International programmes for management executives and staff members working in the publishing and media business
Conferences and symposia
The Academy offers about 15 conferences each year focusing on different key areas in the media business
- Digital publishing
- Mobile publishing
- The future of magazine publishing
- Specialized information publishing
- Corporate publishing
- Youth and children’s markets
- Media law
The ADM offers certificate courses from three to five days covering the whole range of publishing and media skills. Most of these courses can also be tailored to your needs and organised as in-company events.
Executive Management Programme for Publishers
The “Publishing Manager ADM”
- The training programme is specially designed for executives from publishing companies who have already gained experience in a managerial position and wish to review and broaden their knowledge of management and managerial skills.
- The certificate course consists of six management modules covered in ten seminar units.
- The training programme covers all the skills that decision-makers in publishing companies need to master, in order to deal with today’s management tasks and the (digital) challenges facing the sector.
- The modular certificate programme enables interested participants to put emphasis on certain areas or specialise in digital content and e-publishing that applies throughout the course.
- The “Publishing Manager ADM” certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
|Strategic Management||Creating and Sustaining Competitive Advantage|
Business Model Generation
Managing Publishing Strategy
|Financial Management and Controlling||Economics for executives|
|Organizational Development||(Digital) Change Management|
Making Your Organisation Innovative: Leading and Leveraging the Innovation Potential
Project Management for Executives – Leading Strategic Projects Successfully
|Marketing & Sales||Strategic Marketing for Executives|
|Executive Leadership and Personality||Leadership for Executives|
The ADM also offers the following certificate courses
- Editor / Product Manager
- Digital Product Manager
- Online Marketing Manager
- Social Media Manager
- E-Commerce Manager
- Sales Manager
- Content Marketing Manager
- Corporate Media Manager
- PR- and Communications Manager
- Website Manager
We can personalise most of our standard Open Courses for your team, with exercises, references and case studies adapted to suit your business.
Benefits – Why you should choose an In-Company Training
- Materials can be adapted to match your needs.
- Participants work together at a convenient time and place.
- Training can be adapted to look at individual processes as well as skills.
- Exercises and activities can be specially designed to reflect your company’s culture and working practices.
- Team Building: A room full of delegates from different departments can encourage greater team work, awareness and understanding of each other’s role.
We can offer you
- customised content for the in-company training: we can develop training schemes specially adapted to your company’s own goals and processes
- media expertise: we are very familiar with the workflows and the requirements that need to be met in media companies and corporate media departments
- individuality: short courses, workshops, follow ups, coachings – we offer customised packages to meet your employees’ current training requirements and also cover topics of current interest to them
- a proven pool of skilled trainers: we work with a large network of experts from publishing and media houses, trainers and consultants who are not only very experienced, but also up-to-date with the latest developments and issues in the media industry
- training cost saving: the cost per delegate is typically less when compared to sending the same number on to public training courses.
- flexibility: the course dates and way in which the measures are to take place will be planned together with you in a customer-specific manner.